Friday, January 11, 2008

Spade Work?

I guess Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton said on the Today Show, Jan. 11, 2008, that Senator Barack Obama "hasn't done the spade work necessary to be president."

Freudian slip? Just an unfortunate choice of words? An appeal to the racist nature in some people? Whatever.

I choose to believe that it was just a slip of the tongue, that she only meant he hadn't done enough of his homework in foreign relations to be adequately prepared to be the president.

She obviously thinks she has. Pillow talk with Bill (I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt on this) doesn't count. I chat with my husband about politics, foreign and domestic, all the time and wouldn't in a million years consider myself ready to be president, senator, or anything in national government. But then I'm not Hillary. Thank God.

No comments: